Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snow Adventures

Well, here's my second post. My apologies for the wait. We've done so many things since last time. I'll have to make a few posts over the next few days ( I hope) just to catch up. I mean, I wouldn't want to blow your minds with one post.

A few weeks ago Kostya and I went night skiing at Sundance. It was my third time and Kostya's second. The last time we went skiing (on Snowbirds bunny hill) we did so well that we thought we were ready for the big mountain, and were pretty sure we were just about the coolest most professional skiers ever. I'm not sure I can fully explain with words what happened to us, and since we forgot to take pictures, Kostya kindly offered to illustrate our experience. The following is the sad sad story of our skiing demise....







My face plant, Kostya literally had to come pull me and my skis out of the snow

Now, because I had hurt my knee on my fall, I went down the hill a lot slower than Kostya, and unfortunately was not able to witness this epic crash.  But from the sounds of it, it was truly epic.

We haven't been skiing since.  Does this mean that we have given up?  Oh no!  We are committed.  After my knee finally recovers, and maybe surgery, we will be back on that mountain!  Just wait!

1 comment:

  1. As I married an avid skier, I had to laugh at this! I am not that great myself, however Nick insists I push myself...and although I hate it mostly, I can tell I am getting better. I mean the man made me go down a black my very first time! (I too had to dig my skis and poles out of the snow!) Good luck when you get back to it :)

    ReplyDelete