Monday, April 2, 2012

Garden!

I'm so excited!  I have five cucumber plants, one rosemary, and five sugar snap peas started!  I've never really grown anything before, but lucky I have a dacha grown Russian for a husband, so he guides me along the process :)

Today is going to be crazy.  The 1940 census has finally been released to the public, so its genealogy mayhem. They wanted to space out the work shifts, at least during the initial craziness, so I opted for the late shift (I dread waking up early).  Today I'm going sometime between 2 and 3.  That means I won't be home until around 11!  Oh well, its better than waking up at 5 :)  Besides, I got a few things done this morning: made the bed, watered the plants, watched a few cooking shows, read my scriptures and as a last resort, am now blogging :)

Oh!  I almost forgot, Kostya sold his first car on Saturday.  In case you didn't know, he got a job as a car salesman at D. Dahle Mazda in Murray.  Its far away, and gas is expensive, but he really needed something to do.  He was going crazy and the poor thing had been looking so hard for a job.  Its just hard to find jobs in Provo.  I'm sure it was a huge boost to his confidence to sell his first car, and he's only been there a week!  I'm so proud of him, I can't imagine trying to sell a car in Russia, in Russian.  He's very brave.

Well, since I'm determined to keep my biking to work thing up, I better start getting ready to go.  It takes me about half an hour to get there.  I'm really glad we got the bikes, its been so fun to go out in the warm sun and feel the cool breeze.  One might say its the poor man's convertible :P


1 comment:

  1. I like that..."the poor man's convertible" :)

    And I am so jealous of your garden! I keep making a mental list of all of the things I am going to plant in my garden someday...especially when I fork over an arm and a leg to buy good produce. Sigh. Enjoy it for the both of us for now! :)

    ReplyDelete